To be shared: tenure-track position opening at California State University, Long Beach with my alma mater. The position is in the Department of Linguistics & ASL Linguistics and Deaf Cultures Program (ASLD).
The effective date is August 17, 2020 (Fall Semester) with a salary range that is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The application deadline is is November 12, 2019 and the position is open until filled or recruitment is canceled.
– Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Interpreting, Linguistics or related field, with American Sign Language (ASL) linguistics and/or interpreting research specialization.
– Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2020.
– Demonstrated potential for teaching, research, scholarly and creative activities, commensurate with professional level.
– Demonstrated successful experience in teaching ASL-English interpreting courses.
– Current RID, NAD, or AVLIC interpreting certification or must obtain certification within the first five academic years of employment
– Potential for demonstrated excellence in research, scholarly and creative activities focused on ASL-Linguistics and ASL-English interpreting.
– Ability to collaborate with existing faculty, local and wider American Deaf and interpreting communities.
– Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Use the link provided below to apply and to view the complete job description: