COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA
American Sign Language/Deaf Studies Instructor
American Sign Language/Deaf Studies Instructor- Spring 2013
This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 11/08/2012. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 11/07/2012.
1. Teach ASL courses (all levels)
2. Teach courses within the Deaf Studies Program degree including Deaf Culture, Deaf History, Structure of ASL and new courses that might be added to the existing program
3. Develop syllabi, course outlines, curriculum, assessment plans and reports for all courses
4. Evaluate student outcomes
5. Assess students’ language competency levels
6. Provide student advisement and recruitment services
7. Participate in program/division meetings
8. Serve on department and college committees
9. Travel to multi-campus locations possibly on a day, evening or weekend schedule
10. Mentor adjunct faculty within the Deaf Studies unit
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Deafness and/or ASL from a regionally accredited college or university
2. ASLTA qualifications
1. Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university: preferably in Deaf Studies/ASL or a related field and a minimum of 18 graduate credits in Deaf Studies/ASL/Deaf Education
2. A minimum of 2 years of experience in a post-secondary or professional setting.
3. ASLTA certification or RID certification
4. Additional Skills: experience with interactive lab instruction; experience with technology specific to Deaf individuals
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ONLINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ONLINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 702.651.5778
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
For more details on this position, please visit our website at http://jobs.csn.edu
College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community.
CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADA.