Some details about the Friday Oct. 21 celebration of 30 Years of the Linguistics Department at Gallaudet University (1981-2011)
Thursday evening, Oct. 20 6:00-8:00 Registration; wine & cheese reception
Friday Oct. 21:
9:00-12:30 Presentations by faculty & alumni
12:30-2:00 Lunch; class photo shoots
2:00-4:00 “Looking back”–sitting around together and reminiscing
The above events will take place in the Sorenson Language and Communication Center, our new location since 2008, which is next to HMB.
4:00 Tour of the campus
7:00-10:00 Dinner and address by Robert E. Johnson. 2nd floor of the Cafeteria.
1. Dinner costs $40. Certified check or money order postmarked by Oct. 7 made out to Gallaudet University; send them to Ceil Lucas at the following address:
Dept. of Linguistics
800 Florida Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20002
($40 X however many folks will be with you for dinner. Please include names of these folks when sending certified check or money order. Other information also needed; see below.)
2. Interpreting: You may be accompanied by some hearing non-signers; we need to know how many and which events they will need voiced, also by Oct. 7. The entire program will be in ASL.
3. We will be sending an evite in August to get a head count for the reception, the dinner and interpreting needs. Please respond to that when you get it.
4. Housing: Oct. 21 is during our Homecoming Weekend. If you’re planning to stay at the conference center on campus, call them NOW to make reservations, 202-651-6000. Make sure to say that you’re coming for Homecoming. Also, the Courtyard Marriott, 1325 2nd St. NE, 202-898-4000, has a block of rooms reserved for Gallaudet Homecoming.
5. Finally: We are missing some email addresses. Please send a link to this post to any classmates that you are in touch with. Also, join us on the Facebook page for the event: search for “Gallaudet ASL Linguistics alumni.”